Atlas Carrying The World Trinket Box Greek God Statue Figurine Sculpture 9′ 23cm
€ 87.00 inc. Vat
Atlas Carrying The World Trinket Box Greek God Statue Figurine Sculpture 9′ 23 cm
Sculpture Figurine Statue Antique Bronze Finish
This listing is for a brand-new COLD CAST BRONZE RESIN* with trinket box and rich antique bronze finish. The superb detailing and hand painted accents really bring this statue to life. Great addition to anyone’s decor!
*What is cold cast bronze? Cold cast bronze is a when real powdered bronze metal is mixed in with resin. It is then cast into a mold creating a very realistic replica of a solid bronze piece. This process creates a high quality piece with much greater detail than you will see with a solid bronze piece & at an exceptional price. Most pieces will also have some hand painting to enhance the detail and seal the finish for a greater life.
New in original box
A great collector’s/gift item!
ATLAS was the Titan god who bore the sky aloft. He personified the quality of endurance (atlaô).
Atlas was a leader of the Titanes (Titans) in their war against Zeus and after their defeat he was condemned to carry the heavens upon his shoulders. According to others he was instead (or later) appointed guardian of the pillars which held the earth and sky asunder. Atlas was also the god who instructed mankind in the art of astronomy, a tool which was used by sailors in navigation and farmers in measuring the seasons. These roles were often combined and Atlas becomes the god who turns the heaven on their axis, causing the stars to revolve.
Herakles (Heracles) encountered the Titan during his quest for the Golden Apples of the Hesperides. He agreed to take the heavens upon his shoulders while Atlas fetched the apples. The hero also slew the Hesperian Drakon (Hesperian Dragon), which in vase painting appears as the Titan’s tormentor, and built two great pillars at the ends of the earth, perhaps to relieve the Titan of his labour.
In a late myth, Atlas was transformed into the stony Atlas mountain by Perseus using the Gorgon’s head. The Titan was also the constellation Kneeler.
- Customers must inspect item(s) and notify us within 14 days of any problems.
- If you have a problem with your item please contact us before leaving feedback.
- Returns are accepted, the buyer must pay my initial shipping cost and also pay for the return shipping cost. Items must be returned in the exact same condition that they were shipped out in. I don’t do returns based on size/colour and failure to read my item description and review pictures.
- No manufacturer’s warranty should be expected unless stated in description
- By paying for this item you acknowledge you reviewed all the pictures/description are satisfied with the condition and any other feature the item has, if you have any questions about the item, size color ext, message me prior to purchasing. Only what is in the pictures is included, nothing else, don’t assume anything. If cables, accessories or anything else isn’t pictured then there not included.
Our shipments are processed within 1 business day of cleared payment. (excluding holidays)
Thanks for looking!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.